Selection Criteria for Nominees
You can nominate your hero, at any time, using the online nomination form. Please read carefully, the following selection criteria, before submitting your nomination.
Sources for nominations also include the following:
- Scottish Sports Hall of Fame Selection Panel
- Scottish Sports Governing Bodies.
- Scottish General Public
Criteria for Selection
Individual inductees of the Scottish Sports Hall of Fame must be:
- A person born in Scotland.
- A person who (under the rules of their sports governing body)is, or would have been, eligible to compete for Scotland.
- A person who has been retired from top level participation for five years or more.
- An animate object other than a human being - for example, a horse - with exclusive connections to Scotland. A team whose individuals satisfy the Scottish criteria, set out in point 1. An individual can be inducted as an individual and also as a person who has resided in Scotland for the large part of their sporting career member of a team.
- Inductees can only be drawn from recognised sports and recreations.
- Inductees can be drawn only from the following categories of participation, (in alphabetical order): coach, competitor, medical practitioner, official, referee, sports writer or photographer.
- Patrons of the Scottish Sports Hall of Fame, (present and future) and members of the Selection Panel can be nominated and considered for selection, however, they must be absent from any discussions about their induction.
In all cases the final decision rests with the Selection Panel.